I assumed it would essentially work just like Dropbox, and that my documents would be kept synced between my iMac and my MacBook.

However, you’re free to dump any file you like in here and make all the folders you like. ここでは、Macで「iCloud Drive」を設定し有効にする方法を解説しています。Macで「iCloud Drive」を設定・使用するには、「OSX Yosemite」がインストールされている必要があります。「OSX Yosemite」は、「OSX Snow Leopard(v10.6.8)」以降を搭載した対応モデルで、無料アップデート可能です。

Here is a list of iCloud Drive symbols that you may see while moving files into or just looking at the Drive in Finder: A cloud by itself just means that the item is only in iCloud, so if you were to disconnect from Wifi and go to your iCloud Drive folder, you would not be able to open any items with a plain cloud next to them On the Mac, there's an iCloud Drive folder, and on iOS devices and Windows PCs, there's an iCloud Drive app. First, you need to create a new folder in your iCloud Drive from your Mac. They’ll be synced via iCloud. iCloud Drive safely stores any kind of file so it can be accessed in iCloud-enabled apps on iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. Apple provides a cloud-based storage service, called iCloud, that makes it possible for us to sync our documents and files across all of our iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices.The program used to access these files is called iCloud Drive (in iOS 11, the app is called Files).If you're wondering what iCloud Drive is all about, we've got your ultimate guide right here. Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite+: On a Mac, iCloud Drive is available directly in the Finder’s sidebar. 1. iCloud drive enables users to save the files of all the devices. Once you’ve updated your Mac to macOS Catalina 10.15.4, you’ll be able to share iCloud Drive folders right from your Mac. Scroll down and click on iCloud Drive in … How to Share iCloud Drive Folders on Mac. With Desktop & Documents Folders iCloud Drive syncing enabled, every photo, file, and folder you save to your desktop will automatically save in iCloud. Note this is disabling iCloud Drive completely on the Mac, and not simply disabling iCloud Desktop & Documents which only stores those two directories in iCloud. It's incredibly easy to make copies of files in iCloud Drive on Mac. All you have to do is make a duplicate and save the file in a different location. How to copy iCloud Drive files on your Mac. Click iCloud Drive and, by default, you’ll see your documents organized into folders depending on which app they’re from. By turning off iCloud Drive, all documents that are stored in iCloud will be removed from the Mac, though you’ll have an option to keep a local copy when turning iCloud Drive off. Launch the Finder window on your Mac. iCloud Drive How Tos

On other devices, iCloud Drive can be accessed through a browser. With macOS, users can even access their Mac …

On the Mac, you’ll find that the iCloud Drive features are built right into the Finder app. Create New Downloads Folder in iCloud Drive.

With the iCloud drive syncing thoroughly, it gets easier to retrieve your content on all connected Apple devices. You can access it from your iPhone, iPad, another Mac, and even a Windows-based PC via iCloud Drive, the Files app, or iCloud.com.

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. iCloud Drive.
Question: Q: iCloud drive not updating on Mac I thought it was great when Mac OS Sierra moved my entire Documents folder to iCloud Drive.

If your iCloud drive is not syncing with the Mac, you need to know how to fix these issues.

Apple Footer.